||45085 Old Ox Rd
||0 - 2 Years
||High School / GED
Apply for this Job
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, logistics and warehousing services, is seeking an Export Agent to join our International team in Dulles, VA. Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for managing outgoing international shipments from pickup through delivery, using their good working knowledge of air freight, sea freight, truck services, completing waybills for all modes of transportation, and employing strong customer service skills.
• Processing shipments for export
• Knowledge of international rules
• Strong customer service skills
• Booking shipments with airlines
• Working knowledge of airline routes
• Negotiation of spot rates
• Preparing and/or proofreading all associated export documents
• Submitting shipment pre-advices and export documents to overseas agents
• Monitoring departures, shipments in transit, arrivals, clearance and delivery
• Verifying documentation with US and foreign government regulations, export declarations, certificates of origin and related documents
• Providing Proof of Delivery to customers
• Other duties that may be assigned
• Must pass background check
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Bi-Lingual a plus
• Microsoft Office Suite and strong PC skills
• Ability to work with demanding deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must be detail oriented, thorough, accurate, and solve problems efficiently
• Experience is a must, minimum one year experience required but three years of experience is preferred
• Minimum High School/GED
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach when responding to this ad or fax to 703-935-2583. No phone calls, please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other