||2205 E. Carson St.
||2 - 5 Years
Apply for this Job
Operations Coordinator - LAX
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, logistics, and warehousing services, is currently seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, California. Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for processing export & domestic shipments, while coordinating with the internal operations and customer service teams. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
• Coordinate with shippers, truckers and steamship lines for customer export and domestic shipments.
• Specific duties include, setting up bookings, arranging for pick-up on inland transportation, and following up to ensure shipment has reached its final destination.
• Convert and verify shipment weight and volume. Calculate rates and price conversions.
• Maintain communications with customers, carriers, vendors, and other international and domestic offices
• HAZMAT Training preferred, not mandatory
• May have other responsibilities/duties as deemed necessary
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to operate in global environment
• Self-managing and pro-active
• Detail oriented
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
• Desire to work in a transaction processing environment
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Experience in transaction processing role
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• One to three years related successful experience and/or training, or a combination of education and experience.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach when responding to this ad or fax to 703-935-2583. No phone calls, please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other