|Employer Name||Cavalier Logistics||Address||45085 Old Ox Road|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2||45085 Old Ox Road|
|Education||High School / GED||State||Virginia|
Apply for this Job
The Import Coordinator is responsible for processing documentation required by US Customs and Border Protection for entry of goods into the US on behalf of importers. Industry experience is a plus and compensation will depend upon that experience. Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
• Impeccable customer service.
• Perform audit review on all assigned brokerage files and payments to customs.
• Maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation.
• Process documents through the Company's ABI system, obtaining Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate. Arrange both delivery and the invoicing of the import account for services rendered.
• Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence.
• Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
• Mandatory daily correspondence with overseas offices.
• Work closely with other departments to deliver high level of service to customers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to pass a background check
Benefits & Compensation:
• Competitive Salary based on experience
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Ability to work with demanding deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems.
• Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports along with basic knowledge of U.S. Regulatory Laws.
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks, must be organized.
• Strong PC skills.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail. Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
• Basic knowledge of INCO terms, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Customs regulations and other government agency requirements
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
High School Diploma or Equivalent
One year of experience preferred but not required – we are willing to train the right candidate.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing to 703-935-2583. No phone calls please.