IT Help Desk Technician
|Employer Name||Cavalier Logistics||Address||45085 Old Ox Road|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||0 - 2 Years||City||Dulles|
|Education||High School / GED||State||Virginia|
Apply for this Job
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, logistics and warehousing services for 30+ years, is seeking an It Help Desk Technician to join our import team in our Dulles, VA office. The Help Desk Technician will resolve moderate to complex end - user calls and install, modify, and repair desktop and laptop computer hardware and software systems under general supervision.
Cavalier provides exceptional service in the areas of General cargo, Government services, and Biopharma services. Our decades of experience and emphasis on our clients' specialized needs being our priority keeps customers coming back year after year. If you would like to join a dedicated team and contribute to a sterling reputation, this might be the position for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide Tier 1 support primarily.
• Receive and respond to user requests, provide users with technical support and resolve routine problems concerning information and voice systems related issues and other information.
• Receive and coordinate, as needed, all levels of technical questions from users.
• Document all user requests and enter status data from user calls into the Help Desk application; write regular reports.
• Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with end-users throughout the lifecycle of their issue or service request.
• Install software, hardware, and peripheral components.
• Maintain physical security and logical security accounts for assigned systems.
• Monitor and resolve entry-level issues relating to servers, systems, network, and security.
• Perform entry-level remedial actions to correct problems.
• Write clear, concise, and accurate procedural documentation.
• Provide basic training to users on new company-provided product releases and new products.
• Relocate technical equipment to and from an assigned location.
• Provide technical support for multiple international locations and keep apprised of different technical standards in different countries.
• Intermediate-level computer skills, decision-making, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate reading and writing skills, basic reading skills, the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
• Strong customer service skills a must.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate-level computer skills and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Microsoft Office Suite and strong PC skills.
• Willing and able to learn new tasks with training provided.
• Keep apprised of different technical standards in different countries.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented, thorough, accurate, with efficient decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
• Minimum High School/GED
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
• Competitive Salary based on experience
• Health Insurance
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or attach when responding to this ad or fax to 703-935-2583. No phone calls, please.