Mechanical Construction Project Manager Position
|Employer Name||Electric Power Systems, Inc.||Address||3305 Arctic BLVD Ste 201|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2||3305 Arctic BLVD Ste 201|
|Experience||5 - 7 Years||City||Anchorage|
|Education||High School / GED||State||Alaska|
Apply for this Job
Electric Power Systems, Inc. is a unique company offering a wide range of experience and education in the area of power system operations, design, consultation, studies, petroleum industry controls, and general engineered systems. We provide extensive services from planning studies, design and construction, to periodic testing and maintenance.
This position is for a mechanical construction project manager working out of the Palmer, Alaska office. The primary responsibilities will include construction support for remote field crews. This will include a range of activities including assembling qualified crews, material procurement and tracking, and organizing mobilization logistics. Project cost controls; including tracking budgets, RFIs, and change orders; will be an essential function of this position.
Key responsibilities will include:
● Coordination with clients, engineers, and support staff to manage projects throughout the State of Alaska.
● Construction planning, Scheduling, and coordination with various Sub/General contractors.
● Develop and maintain production schedules, Job Expense/Budget, and progress tracking/reporting to ensure jobs are complete on schedule and within budget.
● Development and deployment of Tool Package, Consumables, and Equipment per specific job requirement.
● Coordinate within house support staff to ensure all logistical/freight needs/requirements of multiple jobs are met and conform to schedule.
● Identify and resolve constructability issues.
● Estimate, submit and track change orders.
● Submit and track RFIís.
● Ensure employee conformance to the strictest of OSHA and Company Safety Policies. Work with Purchasing, Accounting, and expediting personnel to ensure accurate approval of invoices.
● Must be a team leader.
● Excellent communication and problem solving skills
● Proven proficiency with computers and various programs such as Excel, MS Project.
● Ability to read and understand prints of mechanical, civil, and structural designs
● Have good knowledge of National, Municipal, Utility, and Local Codes such as ASME Sec. IX, AWS D1.1, NFPA, Uniform Mechanical, International Plumbing, National Fuel Gas and others applicable to the Industrial Mechanical Trades
● Ability to develop and implement Testing and Pre Commissioning Procedures / Documents relevant to Project Specifications
● Ability to recognize and understand Coating requirements
● Must possess a good base knowledge of Mechanical, Civil, and structural design and construction practices relative to earthquake prone, extremely remote, and arctic locations.
● Must be willing to travel to remote locations with limited facilities
● Must be willing and able to travel in harsh conditions via many different means of transport to include but not limited to: ATV, Side by Side, Snow machine, Snow Cat, Boat, Bush Plane, Helicopter and the local Rent-A-Wreck
● Must be familiar with and or have training in the following: Arial work, Safe Rigging practices, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Hazard assessment and communication, Lock out Tag out, OSHA 10 and all other factors of Safety Awareness and Incident Prevention.
● Must be familiar with heavy lift equipment and procedures for moving loads in excess of 50 tons.
A valid driverís license with an insurable driving record is required. Attention to details is a must in this position. We are seeking a team player, self-starter and a well organized person who is willing to work in a fast paced environment.
Electric Power Systems, Inc. offers a great benefits package including Medical Insurance, Life
Insurance, Long Term Disability, 401 (k) Plan, Health Club Membership, Employee Assistance
Program, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays.
Electric Power Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer that values
diversity at all levels. We consider candidates for all positions on the basis of qualifications and
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status,
disability and any other legally protected status. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Electric Power Systems, Inc. is a smoke free and drug free company